Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona, referred to as Museu d’Art Contemporani de Barcelona, is committed to works of art of the twentieth century. The Museu d’Art Contemporani de also known as MACBA, is an exploration space and museum that spotlights on contemporary art. It was built between 1991 and 1995. It takes up 14,300 m² of floor space altogether, which is separated into enormous brilliant white-painted spaces, where the different exhibitions are showcased. The MACBA gathering highlights more than 5,000 works of art, which were all made from the 1950’s to the present day, including conceptual works that are normal for the mid-twentieth century, art from the eighties and much later works of art.
- 934 813 368
- Plaça dels Àngels, 1, 08001
How to get there
- L1/L2-Universitat, L1/L3-Catalunya
- 7, 24, 41, 50, 54, 55, 59, 62, 63, 66, 67, 91, H12, H16, V13
- L6/L7/S1/S2/S5/S6/S7-Barcelona-Plaça Catalunya
- R1/R3/R4/R7/R12/RG1-Barcelona-Plaça Catalunya