Santa Maria del Mar – Hidden Treasure Next to a Historic Basilica
The Basilica of Santa María Del Mar is one of the pearls of Gothic architecture in Barcelona’s crown. Built in the 14th century the most severe exterior gives way to a soaring interior of space and light. In the shadows of this church lies the Ribera district, and the narrow, stone-paved streets away from the main arteries are alive with shops, restaurants, and homes. Next to the basilica, travelers will find one of the best restaurants in Barcelona, brimming with style and offering an innovative menu with a variety of locally popular dishes for those who have overdosed on paella.
- Pizza gamba – shrimp, mozzarella, tomatoes, and zucchini
- Arroz caldoso con bogavante – broth rice with lobster stock
- Costilla ibérica a la brasa en salsa barbacoa – grilled Iberian pork rib with barbecue sauce
- Tapa queso brie con jamón ibérico – tapas plate of brie and Iberian ham
- Boquerones fritos – fried anchovies
Santa María del Mar restaurante Barcelona has a broad selection of prix fixe menus for two. There are three tapas menus for between 17.50EUR and 24.90EUR, and a choice of paella or T-bone steak meals at 40EUR and 45EUR. Prices include drinks. The menu also has translations in English. The tapas selection is wide and varied, covering hot and cold dishes as well as fish and seafood and charcuterie. A Spanish specialty is “montaditos” – assorted tapas-sized open-faced sandwiches. The entrees include meats, fish and seafood, braces, and artisan pizzas with an international twist.
Things to Know:
- Wheelchair accessible. Terrace. Reservations accepted. Private event rooms are available.
- Price Range: $$-$$$ (Midrange)
- Hours: 8:00 AM – 2:00AM
- Cuisine: Spanish, Catalan, American, Pizza, Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Vegetarian
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late, Snacks, Tapas, Coffee
- Service: Full bar, table service.
- Address: Plaça de Santa Maria, 4, 08003 Barcelona
- Telephone: +34 93 319 01 67
Make your journey to Spain a memorable one by visiting Santa Maria Del Mar restaurant Barcelona for traditional local foods served with style and attention to excellence.